Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sponsors and Competitions
 Fuji Rod Builders Workshop
 Beginner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Big_Al
Ausbass Member

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2013 :  23:20:03  Show Profile Send Big_Al a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I'm looking to start building rods and I would like to know; Is it worth it?; Is it difficult; how expensive is it?

Thanks in advance, Alex

pat
Ausbass Member

75 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2013 :  19:54:51  Show Profile Send pat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I built a hand wrapper out of about $20 worth of spare timber I had lying around and then stole the rotisserie off my BBQ and made an attachment for that to go on the hand wrapper for drying . I can now build a very decent quality rod for around $100 and in the last two years have built 8 rods . It's very rewarding when you catch a fish on a rod that you've crafted yourself. Search rod building on you tube there's heaps of instructional how to videos on there to get you started !

Cheers Pat
Go to Top of Page

paulo
Ausbass Member

32 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  21:05:42  Show Profile Send paulo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It isn't difficult and like all hobbies very rewarding. As Pat said, you don't have to spend stacks to get into it. I reckon you can save a bit too, and knowing that you can pick your own components and have a fully custom built rod at the end of it is pretty sweet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000