Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Camping & 4x4
 4x4 & off Road
 patrol 3litre issues
Author  Topic Next Topic  

yakkindan
Pilchard

Australia
1 Posts

Member No: #14400

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  3:43:42 PM  Show Profile Send yakkindan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im looking for a 4x4 and ive seen heaps of gu patrols with rebuilt 3L diesels with under 200,000kms. anyone got an idea on inherent issues with the 3L? ive been told that the 4.2L are the best thing since sliced bread but are heaps more expensive, so much so that they are on par price wise with a 100 series 'cruiser. very confusing considering i'm looking at spending 30k. cheers in advance guys and girls

whipper snapper
Yellowfin

121 Posts

Member No: #11505

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  5:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit whipper snapper's Homepage Send whipper snapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the 3l turbo im pretty sure is the old one that they also used in the navara's. there were some issues with a few models (some of the 4x4 mags did a review on them). i have an 04 navara (with the 3l) which i think goes well. can pick them up for low to mid $20k. might be worth a look into. try this link:

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/earticle/1

hope it helps.

whipper
Go to Top of Page

tiagra1512
Marlin

Australia
567 Posts

Member No: #12732

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile Send tiagra1512 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe ask the fellas here, they are pretty helpful.

http://downunder4x4.net/forum/index.php

5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions.
Go to Top of Page

Dr Drift
Pilchard

Australia
2 Posts

Member No: #13857

Posted - 19 Oct 2011 :  02:28:36 AM  Show Profile Send Dr Drift a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know if you got your car yet but i got a 3.0ltr turbs and she pulls way above her weight and does it well.
Most off the problems where with the early models and anything after 04 the problems where rectified. Also the 3.0 commonrail is a totally different motor and has not had any dramas what so ever except higher fuel consumption but real on road driving has gotten me roughly 12ltr/100klms. But have been told if I do the exhaust I will get more power and less fuel usage???

Dr Drift...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000