Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Sportsfish Notice Board
 Political Fishing Issues
 banning pit bulls
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

holymac
stickleback

Australia
2777 Posts

Member No: #4463

Posted - 08 Jun 2005 :  5:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Send holymac an ICQ Message Send holymac a Private Message
well guys all i can say in my job as a maintainance plumber i've been bitten by a few dogs from alittle terrier to a doberman and they all hurt, but with the bigger dogs if they get you down your pretty mutch stuffed.i once saw a dog catcher on tv footage in america catch a pit bull in a car park and the dog went freekish got out of the noose it was in and dragged that poor bugger all over the place until a copper came and shot it. that dog was totally out of control. but in defence of snooka's post i've only had one exerience with a pit bull in the last ten years, but nearly one involving other breeds EVERY freekin day of the week i know quite a lot of pig hunters that have big hunting dogs that are very wary of cattle dogs as i am because they cant be trusted at all, they are top of my list as a pain in the arse.

Go to Top of Page

Rev
Marlin

Australia
501 Posts

Member No: #987

Posted - 08 Jun 2005 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rev's Homepage Send Rev a Private Message
From memory;

Something I read a while ago!!

Most attacks?

German Shepherds (but this was not a high 'per capita' result, just there are a lot of German Shepherds)

Most likely to attack?

Cattle Dogs (less attacks by Cattle Dogs compared to German Shepherds, but more compared to the amount around, high per capita!)

Most likely to kill in an attack??

Well it seems the decision has been made!!

Rev!

You know youre having a bad day when a Black Cat crosses your path!
Go to Top of Page

loz
Yellowfin

Australia
181 Posts

Member No: #2486

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  08:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit loz's Homepage Send loz a Private Message
xceler8shun Tonight on the news there was a story of a mumin America who had left her 12 year old son home alone while she went to the shops with the family pets 2 pit bull terriers. Neighbours heard the woman screamming and went to her aid and were horrified to find both dogs covered in blood...blood splattered around the arpartment and the boy ripped to pieces near the door. The police had to shoot the female dog and the male escaped but was found later. They had footage of animal control with the male dog his face and chest covered in blood. The parents are devestated by the death of their only child, and authorities are possibly going to press charges on both parents. The thing that made me shake my head was the usual they were pets, never hurt anyone, they have had the dogs for years, neighbours were saying that the dogs were friendly and always seemed harmless enough. It is a very very sad thing for all involved, but when are people going to realise these dogs are killers no matter how much their owners love them, think they are trained ect. Time and time again when one of these dogs attacks the owners are always so surprised, he never did it before, we have had him for years ect ect. The news report said that there has been many people surrender their own Pit Bulls after seeing the footage on the American news. So very very sad for the parents.
/www.essentialbaby.com.au/CFForum/viewmessages.cfm?forum=85&topic=174711 Wake up and execpt these dogs are born KILLERS

OUT OF THE BLUE

Edited by - loz on 09 Jun 2005 08:14:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

xceler8shun
Pilchard

Australia
5 Posts

Member No: #8461

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit xceler8shun's Homepage Send xceler8shun a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by loz

xceler8shun Tonight on the news there was a story of a mumin America who had left her 12 year old son home alone while she went to the shops with the family pets 2 pit bull terriers. Neighbours heard the woman screamming and went to her aid and were horrified to find both dogs covered in blood...blood splattered around the arpartment and the boy ripped to pieces near the door. The police had to shoot the female dog and the male escaped but was found later. They had footage of animal control with the male dog his face and chest covered in blood. The parents are devestated by the death of their only child, and authorities are possibly going to press charges on both parents. The thing that made me shake my head was the usual they were pets, never hurt anyone, they have had the dogs for years, neighbours were saying that the dogs were friendly and always seemed harmless enough. It is a very very sad thing for all involved, but when are people going to realise these dogs are killers no matter how much their owners love them, think they are trained ect. Time and time again when one of these dogs attacks the owners are always so surprised, he never did it before, we have had him for years ect ect. The news report said that there has been many people surrender their own Pit Bulls after seeing the footage on the American news. So very very sad for the parents.
/www.essentialbaby.com.au/CFForum/viewmessages.cfm?forum=85&topic=174711 Wake up and execpt these dogs are born KILLERS

Do you believe everything that you see on TV or read in the newspaper?

So let me get this right. You believe that “Pit Bulls” are born killers ?

By that same reasoning, because we as humans are capable of killing, are we not born killers?

What single shred of proof do you have that can back this up, besides what you have been told by the media? Please give me some references to actual study / data / reports to back this up besides your already formed opinion that lacks any credibility

All you have shown me is someone else’s post (possibly yours) from another forum that;
1. Is based on a news article.
2. Doesn’t explain the circumstances in which made the dogs attack ( the boy could have been provoking them. you don’t know, I don’t know either, no ones does except the boy and the dogs) and
3. I find it highly unlikely that people would be surrendering their own dogs after this.

Now I can quote news as well and I do have distrust for them, but just to show you that any dog can attack

Girl savaged by Labrador as she plays
http://news.scotsman.com/archive.cfm?id=315602005

I won’t post the whole article, but just some interesting pieces of info.

A THREE-YEAR-OLD girl was today set to undergo plastic surgery after being attacked by a dog as she played in a neighbour’s garden.
Lucy Warren-Hill was playing in the garden beside her grandparent’s home when the brown Labrador pounced on her, biting her face several times.
The attack, which happened at East Craigie Farmhouse on the Dalmeny Estate, near South Queensferry, left the girl with several facial injuries…..
…..But Mrs White, who has lived on the Dalmeny Estate for 23 years with husband Alexander, 88, said she didn’t want the dog put down because of the attack.
"He is usually such a friendly dog. It must have been a one-off attack." Mrs White added.

Not much difference between that and the “Pit Bull” owner’s statement quoted above
---
Here is a list of dog attacks recently around the world.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/OtherBreedBites/AllDogsBite.htm Dog Attacks

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/MistakenIdentity/WrongId.htm Incorrectly identified as “Pit Bull”

You will see that a number of dogs attack and that some are reported as “Pit Bull” by the media to get emotions going and create hype.