Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
     SPORTSFISH         FORUMS         FISHING         BOATING         GALLERY         LIBRARY         DIRECTORY     
 Fish Home : Welcome to the Sportsfish Network

All Forums
 Sportsfish Notice Board
 Political Fishing Issues
 Cane Toads
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sailfish
Linux Powered

Australia
2855 Posts

Member No: #51

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  05:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sailfish's Homepage Send Sailfish a Private Message
This guy knows what to do, but I s'pose some moronic dogooder from PETA or Animal rights will step in now and say we cant bash them.....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1894&e=4&u=/ap/20050411/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_toxic_toads

During the rain, I've seen them at the top of the Mulgrave, so thick in a paddock you cant help but kick five or ten whilst walking and thats just in one patch.
They say to put Detoll on them or put them in your freezer untill dead....Personally I prefer to collect them in a steel bucket, pore petrol on them and light them up ...
The idiots who brought them here in the 30's have a lot to answer for !!!
They where brought in to control the cane beetle, trouble was the Toad was on the ground and the beetle was up the top of the cane stalk, they discovered much to their chagrin that cane toads dont jump high enough or fly to get the beetle....d!ckheads

couta
Marlin

Australia
496 Posts

Member No: #1188

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  1:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit couta's Homepage Send couta a Private Message
No stopping them now it seems, with the way they breed there arn't enough Willow trees to match them.

Gov. bounty of 10cents per toad may slow them down before they swamp(pun intended)QLD & NT.

Don't know the in's and out's of this problem(the toads sure do)BUT DESPARATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPARATE MEASURES.

Go to Top of Page

Sailfish
Linux Powered

Australia
2855 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sailfish's Homepage Send Sailfish a Private Message
The things are already on the outskirts of Kakadu, it has also been proven that they have caused an evolutionary change in at least one australian reptile. Its a frog eating snake, cant remember which one, but they have found that over the last 70 years since the toad was brought here the snake has evolved a smaller head.........smaller head = smaller prey, so it cant absorb as much of the toxin produced by the toad, hence it has a longer life expectancy......

Dont get me started on the flying toad either (indian myna bird)

Edited by - Sailfish on 12 Apr 2005 5:45:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sailfish
Linux Powered

Australia
2855 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2005 :  5:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sailfish's Homepage Send Sailfish a Private Message
Heh, gotta hand it to google search ay !!

ABC News and more ABC News

Flying Cane Toad

Go to Top of Page

holymac
stickleback

Australia
2777 Posts

Member No: #4463

Posted - 17 Apr 2005 :  4:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send holymac an ICQ Message Send holymac a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sailfish:
This guy knows what to do, but I s'pose some moronic dogooder from PETA or Animal rights will step in now and say we cant bash them.....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1894&e=4&u=/ap/20050411/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_toxic_toads
stupidity is'nt a freekin long shot in this world.
During the rain, I've seen them at the top of the Mulgrave, so thick in a paddock you cant help but kick five or ten whilst walking and thats just in one patch.
They say to put Detoll on them or put them in your freezer untill dead....Personally I prefer to collect them in a steel bucket, pore petrol on them and light them up ...
The idiots who brought them here in the 30's have a lot to answer for !!!
They where brought in to control the cane beetle, trouble was the Toad was on the ground and the beetle was up the top of the cane stalk, they discovered much to their chagrin that cane toads dont jump high enough or fly to get the beetle....d!ckheads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sportsfish Australia © Sportsfish Australia 2000 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000