Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Fishing Tournaments
 Tournament Talk
 unwritten rules amongst anglers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zim man
Ausbass Member

Australia
72 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  08:12:35  Show Profile  Visit zim man's Homepage Send zim man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi all was just reading this article on the junior Van dam breaking an unwritten rule amongst comp anglers in the states.

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/jvd-violates-unwritten-rule

do we have any generally accepted unwritten rules like this in the aussie comp circuits? may be interesting for newbies to know especially first time boaties.

Scales
Ausbass Member

560 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  11:32:09  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting read Rob. No doubt here in the Australian tournament Bass or Bream comps it will be viewed both ways.

Not having ever fished a Bass event other than a couple electrics I can't comment too much on that side of things however I believe from mates that the Bass circuit is way less cutthroat win at all costs compared to some bream comps I've fished.

Not knowing how big the actual area is they were fishing or if it was even the same exact spot but it sounds like there wasn't much room for two boats.

If there is however it is pretty much accepted that if there is enough room for boats and the area is large and not single structure orientated then if you prefished it (not that the whole field will see you anyway) or you fished it in Day1 of the comp then if you come back day 2 for a another try knowing you'll still find fish then your pretty right. Of course I'd keep in mind as I pulled up if I saw the no1 leader near the spot I'd consult as which way they or where exactly they intend to fish.

What I think you will find is the guys that just chase down the leaders because they have no better place to go or think they can catch because the leaders did there. That is what really gets up peoples noses. It usually taken as lightly as dropping in on a bank or cutting off the leaders from hitting their spots.

That's my take but I don't do the bass circuit so can't be 100% sure as for bream its a regular occurance especially on some of the beginner entry level comps unfortunately and some high profile comps.

The bigger stuff such as the BETS GF this year the leading teams were fishing the same water and all the other finalists left them alone on day 2 to fight it out. This is how it should be done no matter the event or size.

Nick

Edited by - Scales on 18/11/2011 11:39:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000