Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Sounder Secrets
 Lowrance elite5 dsi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Storms
Ausbass Member

Australia
238 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  15:55:04  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just fitted new sounder to my canoe hoping to increase clarity on whats hiding under the water.
Can anyone help with settings that will best suit the areas I fish, primarily fresh water river, depth to max 30m. I'v mounted the transducer under the minn kota-same as where the old one was mounted. I'm interested in what colour to set the screen and if anyone can offer any other tips on set-up it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 :  11:51:27  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, water test yesterday for the sounder-wow what a top little unit. The clarity is much more than I expected. I ended up using the white background setting at it was easiest to see in the light and while wearing sunglasses. The rest of the settings were set to auto(dsi doesn't give much adjustment) except for contrast which I fiddled with a bit-found myself hovering between 50 and 60%.
Was max 5m where we fished yesterday, hope to get out on a deeper section of the river to see how good it performs.
So far I am more than happy with this lowrance.
Go to Top of Page

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  11:02:15  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have had a couple of nice hours out lately and the little lowrance is amazing, the detail this unit offers for such low money blows me away, you can see trees, logs, fish, branches....had a mate out a couple of days ago and he couldn't believe the detail of logs buried under the mud....

Its too easy-if you are in the market just buy one, if you aren't sure then that would be your loss.
Go to Top of Page

beats
Ausbass Member

657 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  19:24:55  Show Profile Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wait till you get used to it a little more Jas, you will be able to tell what weed is under you by the leaves on it ! it's handy alright !
Go to Top of Page

Richo
Ausbass Member

73 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2012 :  10:01:43  Show Profile Send Richo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
or he could just get a humminbird Beats lol
Go to Top of Page

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  08:20:32  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers Greg, Was trolling a 6m diver last week and was watching the sounder wondering what the line and lump was on the screen...it disappeared when I hooked up, my ls6100 never showed 10lb line on the screen.
Go to Top of Page

beats
Ausbass Member

657 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  20:33:05  Show Profile Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
shouldnt be able to see it trolling mate, may have been the fish rising to the lure though.
you will 100% see it fishing vertical though, even the old ones you can see the lure & fish following it vertical, but the new ones are a different animal, ive seen fish zoomed in where you can see it that clearly you can pic th fish like looking a a pic, fins, eyes the lot.
Go to Top of Page

beats
Ausbass Member

657 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  20:37:01  Show Profile Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
people may scoff at me saying you can actually pick the fish & see the features clealy.
this may silence the critics

Insert Image:

60.78 KB
Go to Top of Page

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  13:17:06  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Next trip out I'll share some screen shots of the entry level model.

Greg is that a gator in lower centre of the shot....LOL
Go to Top of Page

beats
Ausbass Member

657 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  22:09:49  Show Profile Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Croc mate, daly river NT
Go to Top of Page

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2012 :  08:21:16  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair call, watch out turtleman!
Go to Top of Page

denman
Ausbass Member

180 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2013 :  09:52:09  Show Profile  Send denman an AOL message Send denman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storms, What sounder did you get? It all sounds pretty good for entry level.
John
Go to Top of Page

Storms
Ausbass Member

238 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  23:58:26  Show Profile Send Storms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, read the thread title denman!

Just looking at your pic again greg, looks like a couple of barra sitting to the right of MR Toothy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000