Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The photography Lab
 The Photo Shed
 Beaten to it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PatB
Ausbass Member

Australia
508 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  21:43:03  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This water dragon leaped on the homemade lure soon as it landed in the snag before I could wind it down. Pat

Insert Image:

28.97 KB

sc0pe
Ausbass Member

20 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  15:59:07  Show Profile Send sc0pe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i had one take a popper a few months back, ran 20ft and across the water to get it! Took me 5 mins with the leatherman to get him released but he went on his way happily enuff. Peeled drag off when he could get grip ROFL
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  18:24:51  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a top shot, the reflection of the head looks pretty cool. Hope he ran off a little wiser!
Go to Top of Page

PatB
Ausbass Member

508 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  23:01:18  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers fellas I used the lipgrips to hold him as he had the front treble completely in his mouth. Luckily I depressed the barbs. Pat.
Go to Top of Page

jamiej
Ausbass Member

11 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  16:51:47  Show Profile Send jamiej a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A mate of mine hooked 1 at glenbawn a year or 2 ago. By the time we got him in the boat it had completely tangled itself in the leader so bad it could no longer move. The sammy was recovered but a new leader was required.
Go to Top of Page

PatB
Ausbass Member

508 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  17:03:06  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also had one one day jump off his snag perch swim about a metre out to my fly cock his head sideways to eyeball the fly then munch. He pulled the yak back around to the snag meanwhile I'm trying to control it with a floppy 9ft rod. Luckily the hook point was sideways in his mouth and he reluctantly let go after a bit of tugging - the line that is. Pat.
Go to Top of Page

kaspar1501
Ausbass Member

105 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  18:57:21  Show Profile Send kaspar1501 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think i just found the new fishing fad. water dragoning
Go to Top of Page

penguin
Ausbass Member

271 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  20:15:27  Show Profile Send penguin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good photo Pat, he looks pretty happy with himself, caught one on a fly in the nepean and they are always sitting on the bank waiting to jump on a lure, it's harder to not catch one than to catch one.
Go to Top of Page

PatB
Ausbass Member

508 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  22:22:16  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This for you Dishley

Insert Image:

36.55 KB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000