Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBass Forums
 General Bass Fishing
 What effect will the drought have this season?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Titfish
Ausbass Member

Australia
649 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2018 :  20:15:09  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With not too many days until ďkickoffĒ I have been thinking a bit more about the coming season.

As all of NSW is now drought declared Iíve been wondering how it will impact on the fishing. What are peopleís thoughts?

Thought iíd throw this out there and maybe start a bit of discussion.

Cheers
Ken

Edited by - Titfish on 16/08/2018 19:37:03

Chep Buxley
Ausbass Member

38 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2018 :  05:56:34  Show Profile Send Chep Buxley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They don't like falling water levels in dams.
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2018 :  12:04:53  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably make it hard for fish that did migrate to get up over weirs - with the exception of those with fish ladders.

I think for my first trip out I'll be targeting the fish that didn't migrate and stayed up in the higher reaches. At least until we get some rainfall and then I can justify trying the creeks off the main river downstream.

I know one thing, no matter how cold it is or how little rain we have had, I'll be fishing surface from the get go. This has been a long 5 month wait for me.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

461 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2018 :  16:22:29  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken
I have been sitting here thinking and contemplating exactly that. I've been bass fishing now for 7 years at this moment I'm not sure if ill get the yak out unless we get some rain. For what it is worth ill put it some short bank bashes. Maybe target them down at some weir just so i can say I have caught some. Kind of get this feeling this may be the worst season ever. Sorry to de down above this but unless we get some big rains soon the bass won't have a good run up or down the rivers and creeks. Good luck to you guys and just keep trying.

Cheers
Dave
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2018 :  09:08:26  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like we're going to be getting a bit of rain over the next few days. Not a lot but it's a start I guess.

Let's hope it pisses down until about mid next week and then clears up for the weekend! Otherwise it might be a chance to test out some of the Zman frogz I bought over the closed season.

Anyone else still planning on getting out on the 1st?
Go to Top of Page

Charlie
Ausbass Member

94 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2018 :  18:47:38  Show Profile Send Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Georges is looking unfishable at the moment, weeds everywhere from bank to bank, Nepean looks to be he go this year.
Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

649 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2018 :  23:32:45  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonít be getting out until mid September Vince so I will need to read your reports to help get me through the waiting.

Cheers
Ken
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2018 :  11:08:48  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reckon the first trip out will be more of a reconnaissance mission than anything.

I'll see what I can do Ken, but don't be surprised if you're only viewing some of the nice scenery for the first couple of trips rather than seeing any fish mate :)
Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

649 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  21:25:01  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lastworm,

Any scenery shots will be just fine. I reckon that has as much to do with why I fish for bass as the fish themselves. Getting out into the bush and away from the concrete, steel and noises of the city is good for the soul.

Good luck when you do get out. Not long to wait now.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  21:55:44  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it rained for two hours last night, water was freezing, barometer was low and dropping and there was a ripper westerly brewing. I threw surface frogs for the first hour or so, then switched to a sammy, tried plastics and then deep divers for the last couple of hours. No sign of life at all and no surprise with the doughnut.

Still good to be back out on the water brushing up on some casting practice.
Go to Top of Page

Titfish
Ausbass Member

649 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  01:33:27  Show Profile Send Titfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good on you for trying Vince. I wondered how you went. The conditions would have been real average.
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

461 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  17:40:03  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where did you fish
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  19:38:59  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just hit the Nepean mate, pretty high up in the fresh though so doubt any migrating fish will be up there yet.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

461 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  18:39:58  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Windsor penrith wallacia
I'm going to start fishing around catti in
The next few weeks

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  07:55:45  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iím starting to look at google earth for some spots closer to the tidal reaches. Probably give that pool we spoke about last season a go once it warms up a bit too Dave, had a couple of good sessions out there.
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

146 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  19:55:34  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been out twice in the last two days. Canít buy a bite in the upper Nepean.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000