Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes and Inflatables!
 Alpacka pack rafts and rod stowage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goodoo
Ausbass Member

Australia
660 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2016 :  09:16:41  Show Profile Send Goodoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys, how do the Alpacka pack rafts work in regards to rod stowage.

For me, the big issue with any canoe or kayak I buy is modifying them so that I can stow rods safely before (relatively unskillfully) tackling easier rapids ... so that if I stack, rods don't get broken or lost. The worst thing is I go for a swim.

Inflatable pack rafts are a somewhat different beast.

In my mind's eye, I imagine perhaps one can somehow last a rod tube to the gunwhale, where one could then stow a 2 or 3 piece rod?

But then I've never seen one of these beasties in real life.

Any comments/experience would be appreciated.

Lizardboy
Ausbass Member

145 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2016 :  13:59:59  Show Profile Send Lizardboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G'day Simon,
I use a rod/reel tube, it has saved my outfits more than a few times!

I split my 2 piece rod in two and stow it still rigged before major rapids. I wedge the front of the rod tube under the pack strap system at the front and attach a cheap non load bearing carabiner to the reel end and onto one of the packraft attachment points.

Even it the rod tube comes off it should still float. You need to be careful in packrafts with how you attach things as if things go wrong, i.e. the raft gets pinned in a rapid or against a fallen tree, your foot could get entangeled it could all end very badly.

Cheers,

Gus

Insert Image:

1528.71 KB

Insert Image:

1371.92 KB
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2016 :  08:59:55  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this.

Z.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000