Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Fishing Tackle
 Whats in your box?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

Australia
700 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  22:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok people so the season has started and I was wondering what we are all throwing and carrying this season.

Post a pic of your tackle box so Zig can see what yah are throwing.

Here is mine....

This year for me its Jitterbugs and cultivas with the odd wakebait.

Insert Image:

174.26 KB

Tbone
Ausbass Member

464 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  14:12:01  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there ,,,Z,,,Man
Found this on a youtube post

Insert Image:
looks good hope it works,ill let you know soon.
Cheers
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Adu
Ausbass Member

90 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2015 :  11:32:21  Show Profile Send Adu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bass Lures 2015. Go to lures this year have been Taylor made basscada and a little specials bin Daiwa minnow.
I should really try to get some lures like yours Ziggy considering the average size of the fish you have landed this year are a bracket above mine.

Insert Image:

2605.81 KB

Edited by - Adu on 15/10/2015 22:29:50
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2015 :  07:24:26  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I do beleive that big lures catch big fish but you have to be in a system that holds big fish to start with mate.

That said I would use 90% of the lures in my box on any river.
Go to Top of Page

Adu
Ausbass Member

90 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2015 :  15:30:40  Show Profile Send Adu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well to be honest I do tend favour the smaller lures. I just always end up with them tied on for some reason. I will try fishing with bigger lures and just target that one big fish I am wanting.
I live in the Macleay valley, I know there are good fish around, i know people pull 50cm from around my area. I have managed to land a couple pushing 50cm but never one over that benchmark. Anyway I will just keep hunting its not like i don't have fun searching anyway.
I have a nice wooden hand made lure I bought from a market stall in kempsey one day that works nicely. It could be the one to get me that fish.
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

GRAVY
Ausbass Member

137 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2015 :  20:31:08  Show Profile Send GRAVY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dont know what you fellas have found however my most productive lures are black or purple with a underbelly or throat in a bright colour. Have a look at the Diztek FB35s in black with a orange throat they draw a lot of attention and swim as well as a Jackal Chubby.
Go to Top of Page

Adu
Ausbass Member

90 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2015 :  18:29:06  Show Profile Send Adu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tend to favour black lures. A few times I've looked at a lure in my collection and thought "The colour of this lure stinks" then painted it black.

I also tend to favour surface lures, a lot. Approximately what percentage of time do you guys fish top water/sub surface???
Go to Top of Page

GRAVY
Ausbass Member

137 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2015 :  20:35:10  Show Profile Send GRAVY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weather conditions, time of year and time of day determine whether I surface fish.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2015 :  21:00:42  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adu

I tend to favour black lures. A few times I've looked at a lure in my collection and thought "The colour of this lure stinks" then painted it black.

I also tend to favour surface lures, a lot. Approximately what percentage of time do you guys fish top water/sub surface???

I fish top water 90% of the time all year round.
Go to Top of Page

Adu
Ausbass Member

90 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2015 :  20:34:38  Show Profile Send Adu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeh that seems about right. Its just more fun right? If i feel like flicking soft plastics or some other crap i'd target different fish. Top water is what bass fishing is all about for me.
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2015 :  05:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adu

Yeh that seems about right. Its just more fun right? If i feel like flicking soft plastics or some other crap i'd target different fish. Top water is what bass fishing is all about for me.

Not only more fun but produces much bigger fish for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Tbone
Ausbass Member

464 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2015 :  21:23:47  Show Profile Send Tbone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im just sorting my bank.
I have brought over the year
lots of s,,,,, but it may get used

Insert Image:

1165.41 KB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000