Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 Advice Please!
 Nepean River
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Longy@
Ausbass Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  16:23:11  Show Profile Send Longy@ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm new to bass fishing and am looking at going out soon on the Nepean river, Has any one got any advice it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Longy

snagmagnet
Ausbass Member

47 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2015 :  18:46:14  Show Profile Send snagmagnet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi mate where abouts on the nepean are you planning to fish? and do you have a boat or land based? I haven't had a decent fish for bass in a long while but the nepean has a very healthy population of mostly smaller fish, most of the river has got a lot of weed so surface fishing and spinnerbaits are the go IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Longy@
Ausbass Member

2 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2015 :  21:25:42  Show Profile Send Longy@ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ,
I will be fishing out of a tinnie , not sure where in the Nepean but just bought a map of the river. Also do you know of any good camping spots there .
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

snagmagnet
Ausbass Member

47 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2015 :  19:15:15  Show Profile Send snagmagnet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never camped along the Nepean but wisemans ferry has camping and you are in for a chance of a few fish species there or colo river has camp grounds I believe just google it.you can put in at Penrith boat ramp and head up the gorge its a nice spot up that way but not sure if there is camping there, sorry about the delay in the reply but work has been keeping me busy. Tim
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2015 :  16:11:13  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Hawkesbury is prob a better option than the Nepean in a tinny. Only boatramp on the Nepean is at Tench Reserve, Penrith. The Hawkesbury has a few options depending on the type of water you want to fish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000