Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 Anything But...Fishing!
 What you fishing for this winter?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

Australia
700 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  05:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not wishing to start the closed season argument again but I was wondering what you guys are fishing for "other" than Bass.

Im currently targeting Flathead for my 3rd winter season and there are some great fish around this year.

New PB 770 taken yesterday on a soft plastic.

Like my Bass fishing I CR everything and this girl swam off quite happy.

Insert Image:

125.33 KB

PatB
Ausbass Member

508 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  07:17:37  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice fish Ziggy. I will be targeting bream , flatties and trevally. The last couple of seasons the trevally fishing through winter has been very consistant in the canals and estuaries so worth targeting. I started getting back into breamin' a couple of months back using hard bodies and have caught a few using the Pontoon 21 Crackjack 55's which should be a good bass lure too. I'm keen to catch a jewie too, especially on fly so plenty of things to keep you busy. Cheers Pat
Go to Top of Page

nepeanbass
Ausbass Member

47 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  07:35:07  Show Profile Send nepeanbass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice fish Ziggy
My main target will be snapper offshore from the yak.
Bit of a drama at home with that one though the wife is
more concerned about sharks than i am.Might have to think
about buying a sharkshield. Other than that will be chasing
big Winter whiting in the Georges River.
Goodluck chasing more PB'S
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  10:51:52  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been having fun with these lately

Insert Image:

44.42 KB

Go to Top of Page

scottocs
Ausbass Member

129 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  12:33:28  Show Profile Send scottocs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Flatty Ziggy,also nice Blackfish Dishley,they are a bit slow in the Clarence so far this year.
I've been fairly smackin the Bream and Jew with a few Trevs and Tailor but what ever will chew on a lure is a target for me this winter,hope to get out and get into the Snapper and Pearly's on placco's.
Go to Top of Page

leelee
Ausbass Member

134 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  20:25:01  Show Profile Send leelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fishing for bass :-) can't wait for the dams to fire. Until then snapper, squid, tuna and bream.

Cheers

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  23:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Pat, Had a couple of Trevally this year and they kick some serious ass.

nepean, your freaking nuts!

Dishley, I had my fist Black this year, oddly on a lure and I thought they only nomed on weed.

Scott`s I like Tailor after catching a few this season. Never had a snapper.

Lee, Tuna! now theres a fish id like to play with.
Let me know how you go on the dams.

Zig
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  09:58:08  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They hit the occasional lure. I've seen them pulled up on hardbodies, plastics and blades. Definitely not a common way to catch them though as they are generally herbivores. But like most fish if something tasty is in front of them they'll have a go at it, particularly in the warmer months when the weed can be harder to find.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho36
Ausbass Member

144 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  19:35:06  Show Profile Send Sancho36 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice fish guys i don't like fishing for frogs much but i'll have to turn to that.
Go to Top of Page

scottocs
Ausbass Member

129 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  00:02:31  Show Profile Send scottocs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went chasing schooling Bass today but all I could catch were Jew

Go to Top of Page

Ziggy
Ausbass Member

700 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  07:08:44  Show Profile  Visit Ziggy's Homepage Send Ziggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottocs

Went chasing schooling Bass today but all I could catch were Jew

Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  15:59:44  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice! Man that looks like it's in good condition, the colours are awesome
Go to Top of Page

scottocs
Ausbass Member

129 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2013 :  20:37:44  Show Profile Send scottocs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ash,yeh m8 actually it was an extra colourful specemin
Go to Top of Page

pubic
Ausbass Member

42 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  09:02:55  Show Profile Send pubic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that my boat is back in the water, I'm thinking of doing the Nepean a favour and chasing Carp.

Never fished for them before though. I have heard corn is a typical bait.

Can anyone shed some light on what works... baits... rigs etc?

I'd like to get my daughters out with me to catch a few over the cooler months.

One last thing... once dispatched and back at the ramp, where do you dump them?
Obviously not back in the river, where though?
Go to Top of Page

Lou
Ausbass Member

56 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  14:50:31  Show Profile Send Lou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bream and Jewfish are this winters target species....so far biggest bream-39cm & Jewie-64cm. Maybe a spot of carp at the local whilst sunning myself.
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  19:33:32  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me and my boys just used white bread under a float in a mates dam to catch Carp. Worked very well. Have heard that canned corn is pretty effective too, take both and see what works on the day.

Not sure about disposal.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000