Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The photography Lab
 Camera Equipment, Hints and Tips!
 Cheap Camera Mount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dishley
Ausbass Member

Australia
1657 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  11:28:51  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw these today for $20 at Jaycar Electronics. The suction cup attaches firmly to the front of both my SOT kayaks, so it passes the first test.

Insert Image:

11.87 KB

I'll give it a decent test tomorrow (hopefully) and report on how it handles the weight of a camera after a few hours.

Tompy
Ausbass Member

339 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  16:02:28  Show Profile Send Tompy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks the goods Dishley. Interested to hear how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  07:34:14  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The mount worked perfectly on the Loon yesterday. I took it out to Pittwater and had it recording for about half an hour and it held firm the whole time, even works in the chop.

$20 well spent.
Go to Top of Page

Shred
Ausbass Member

236 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  08:25:09  Show Profile Send Shred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awesome. I'll be picking one of these up today, great find dishley.
Go to Top of Page

Tompy
Ausbass Member

339 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  17:02:08  Show Profile Send Tompy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback Dishley. Will grab one for my Loon as well.
Go to Top of Page

Shred
Ausbass Member

236 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  15:48:25  Show Profile Send Shred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
took it out for a test run on the weekend. the mount worked great. would post a few photos from it but my brain wasn't working this day. my camera is now somewhere on the floor of the hawkesbury. I had the camera screwed onto the mount (minus it's floatie ), and after taking a few shots and turning the camera around to look at them, I stupidly managed to screw the camera off the mount, which then bounced into my kayak and then out.
certainly an operator error. thankfully a tax return is only around the corner!
Go to Top of Page

mark-fisho1
Ausbass Member

230 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  00:58:12  Show Profile Send mark-fisho1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
whats it made out of mate is it all plastic ? or aluminium
cheers
Go to Top of Page

PatB
Ausbass Member

508 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  09:17:30  Show Profile  Visit PatB's Homepage Send PatB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bummer about the camera Shred that was something I thought would have to be covered before getting on the water. I would have the floating wrist strap tethered to the yak as well even though straps,string,leashes can be a pain in the axx. I've ruined two cameras in the drink in the last couple of years and now I have a waterproof one I'm even more cautious getting it close to water - Go figure !!!!! Cheers Pat.
Go to Top of Page

Dishley
Ausbass Member

1657 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  16:04:04  Show Profile Send Dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, leash it or lose it. That's something I should have included in the original post.

Hope the taxman treated you well Shred!
Go to Top of Page

mark-fisho1
Ausbass Member

230 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  21:14:55  Show Profile Send mark-fisho1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thx 4 that
cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000