Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
 All Forums
 General Information
 Anything But...Fishing!
 What you fishing for this winter?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

Message Icon:              

Add attachment to topic
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ziggy Posted - 09/06/2013 : 05:55:55
Not wishing to start the closed season argument again but I was wondering what you guys are fishing for "other" than Bass.

Im currently targeting Flathead for my 3rd winter season and there are some great fish around this year.

New PB 770 taken yesterday on a soft plastic.

Like my Bass fishing I CR everything and this girl swam off quite happy.

Insert Image:

125.33 KB
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tbone Posted - 19/08/2013 : 14:12:43
HI Ziggy
Nice flathead there.
Not long to go now,dont forget to update and counting

Tbone
Ziggy Posted - 18/08/2013 : 21:41:05
Nice 60+ Lizard taken Today at Ballina with 6 other good fish.

Insert Image:

217.06 KB
Tbone Posted - 27/07/2013 : 16:50:12
Hi ALL
Went fishing again. This time I tried the rocks up the central coast.
Was hoping for some yakkas no luck. So it was dead pilchers under a float. This is what I caught

Insert Image:

332.76 KB

Insert Image:

278.2 KB

Insert Image:

356.53 KB

Insert Image:

448.18 KB

Happy day
T-Bone
Tbone Posted - 08/07/2013 : 13:43:37
quote:
Originally posted by bass bash

Nice flattie Tbone, that a slender cattie for it's length. Where was it caught?
Jeff

hi Jeff caught both fish up at port Macquarie.
Thanks Ziggy
Artifact Posted - 08/07/2013 : 12:29:37
Hooked my first bream on lure, and some tailor on soft plastics in the yak. Not very big but good fun. It's a bit like the methadone for summer time bass fishing.

Insert Image:

1795.87 KB

Insert Image:

1824.95 KB
bass bash Posted - 06/07/2013 : 17:33:27
Nice flattie Tbone, that a slender cattie for it's length. Where was it caught?
Jeff
Ziggy Posted - 06/07/2013 : 05:32:54
Nice Flatty mate.

That cat is a fair size huh!
Tbone Posted - 05/07/2013 : 21:42:59
Went fishing today and got this 64cm flathead followed by a big catfish [URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/miss_del/media/Dadphoto.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/miss_del/media/dadsfish.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/miss_del/media/20130705_172505.jpg.html][/URL]
Tbone Posted - 30/06/2013 : 14:48:26
quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy

quote:
Originally posted by Tbone

why kill 4 fish how many are you fedding

I dont kill fish for myself but if someone asks me for a Flathead ill despatch it for them but not for the freezer.

That being said, I would never judge anyone on what they decide to keep as long as its within the rules.

Not judging just parsing my thoughts. I like to catch jewies off the rocks "central coast a long time ago" and will again one day.
Ziggy Posted - 30/06/2013 : 05:14:51
G`day Troy

Nice fish and cracking smiles on the kids.

Look forward to reading your Bass adventures.

Zig
nepeanbass Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:46:09
Nice fish Troy
you obviously know what your doing
getting jewies that size and regularly is a talent
look forward to more pics
troyl Posted - 29/06/2013 : 22:32:28
Hi Dishley,

Thank you for your kind comments mate. I plan to contribute a little more to the site this year, I am guilty of being a silent member for the past year or so.

Attached is another fish I took last winter, my daughter kept hassling me to hurry up and cook it so she could have her "Jewby Snacks" for tea that night.

Cheers and all the best for the warm months ahead.

Insert Image:

255.25 KB
Dishley Posted - 29/06/2013 : 21:57:17
A very composed response there Troy, very well written mate and your kids are lucky to have a Dad that not only can teach them how to fish, but also how to respect and preserve this fantastic resource we are lucky to have.

Tight lines mate, looking forward to hearing more from you when the season kicks off in Sept.
troyl Posted - 29/06/2013 : 21:24:56
Hi Tbone,

Good to see that you are as mindful of the preservation of fish stocks as I am. You will be pleased to know that I fish for wild Bass up to two times a week during summer and I haven't taken one for the table for probably 15 years, I also use barbless hooks just to be friendlier to them.

When it comes to Jewies I am usually more than happy to take a few for the table. One thing with these fish they freeze beautifully for feeds over the coming weeks and not a speck of flesh is wasted, my kids like eating fish better then snags.

Mostly I like to see the Jewies eaten fresh and are usually spread out over my family, the in laws, grand mothers etc.

There were only three fish in the photos not four, and now I think of it one of the fish was taken last winter, not in this one. Don't worry though Tbone, I look forward to nothing more then taking my children (when old enough) fishing for these magic fish and showing them what their grandfather & great grandfather taught me; how to gather a healthy feed without going to the supermarket all the time. Tight lines mate, hope the Bass gods are kind to you this summer.
Ziggy Posted - 29/06/2013 : 21:07:32
quote:
Originally posted by Tbone

why kill 4 fish how many are you fedding

I dont kill fish for myself but if someone asks me for a Flathead ill despatch it for them but not for the freezer.

That being said, I would never judge anyone on what they decide to keep as long as its within the rules.

AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000